About the Convention Center
TPIE takes place at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center. It is within five miles of the Ft. Lauderdale Airport and approximately one hour from the Miami International Airport. TPIE's location makes it convenient to visit any area of South Florida including the many foliage nurseries. After the show, it's only a four-hour drive to Central Florida where many additional foliage producers are located, as well as Florida's well-known attractions.
1950 Eisenhower Blvd. at Port Everglades
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316-4205
About Fort Lauderdale
Take advantage of TPIE's idyllic location in Fort Lauderdale which boasts a variety of cultural, historical, and social activities. Fort Lauderdale's 23 miles of beaches are, of course, a popular draw. Stroll, bike, or skate along Atlantic Boulevard and the Beach Promenade, or take part in the many water sports available, such as kite surfing. Fort Lauderdale is also known as the "Venice of America," due to its extensive canal system. A water taxi tour along the inland canals will give you easy and inexpensive access to major points throughout the city, as well as allow you a glimpse of the rich and famous along what's known as "Millionaire's Row." Fort Lauderdale offers every amenity you could possibly want: an eclectic dining scene, theater, dancing, museums, golf, shopping, boating and, of course, miles and miles of pristine beaches.
Fort Lauderdale Visitors Information
The Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Greater Fort Lauderdale destination blogs
Electric scooters for use at TPIE can be rented from the Special Needs Group. Please call either 954-585-0575 or 1-800-513-4515 or go to their website at http://www.specialneedsatsea.com.
Shuttle buses are available Wednesday through Friday from TPIE host hotels
Exact times will be posted in hotel lobbies. All host hotels are within 5 miles of the convention center.
Parking for the show is available at the Convention Center parking garage for a daily fee.
Due to Federal security requirements, you must show your government-issued picture identification (ID) -- PASSPORT or DRIVER'S LICENSE -- at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center area or the Port of Fort Lauderdale.
Your Tropical Plant Industry Exhibition name badge is not sufficient ID for entry to the Convention Center area of the port.
PLAN AHEAD AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME:
- Check before you leave your hotel to make sure you have your government-issued picture ID.
- Have your government-issued picture ID readily available to show before you arrive at the checkpoint.
- Shuttle Bus: Shuttle service to/from official Tropical Plant Industry Exhibition hotels will provide the quickest way to arrive on time for your meetings, due to separate routing into the Convention Center area of the port. ID will be checked as you enter the bus. (Checkpoint A on map)
- Pedestrians: Those walking to the Convention Center will be met at the pedestrian gate (Checkpoint B on map) by a security agent who will require you to show your government-issued picture ID.
- Cars: Drivers and all passengers will be required to show a government-issued picture ID to gain access to the Convention Center area of the port. This is required EACH time you drive to the Convention Center. (Checkpoints C and D on map)
TPIE welcomes visitors from around the world to visit the show. Many visitors to TPIE require a visa to visit. If you need an invitation letter to the show, please e-mail email@example.com
We will forward an Adobe Acrobat pdf of the invitation letter for free. If you require a printed version, you will have to provide your shipper id # and we will expedite the letter to you via your courier service.