FNGLA's Education on the Go!
An FNGLA Educational Experience
FNGLA introduced a new education series for 2017 and, for Spring, we're extending the series with four design programs to be held at Harry P. Leu Gardens in Orlando on varying dates. FNGLA members pay just $225 per session to attend and lunch for the day is included. Each session's concepts play into the next session in the series, however sessions also stand alone in concept.
Thursday, March 23
Design Seminar 1: The Fundamentals
From Mediocre to Magnificent-what makes an outstanding landscape design!
The Fundamentals of Speed Graphics-using your equipment to quickly communicate your ideas on paper.
- Bold Yet Efficient Symbols: Hands on exercise to create striking trees, shrubs, ground covers and hardscapes.
- Making Your First Impression Count: Creating crisp, architectural lettering
- High Speed Title Blocks and Plant Lists: Strategies that save time and effort yet produce professional results.
- Elaborate Symbols: Learn how to draw sophisticated symbols that create punch and interest in a fraction of the time.
- Putting It All Together: A final project that ties together everything that you have learned during the workshop.
Friday, March 24
Design Seminar 2: Advanced Design Techniques
The Fundamentals of Color Graphics-speed techniques to add emotion and sizzle to your drawings using color markers and pencils.
- Color Symbols for Plant Materials: Attractive tree, shrub and ground cover symbols that create potent design impact.
- Measuring and Assessing the Property: Secrets from the pros on how to accurately and efficiently get measurements and analyze the site.
- Evoking Emotion and Arresting the Eye: Using form, texture and corer to draw attention to special features and focal points.
- Color for Hardscape Strategies: How to splash on color for decks, walks, stone patios, ponds and more.
- Final Color Project: a final project that will show of all your training and hard work.
Thursday, April 20
Design Seminar 3: Creating the Ultimate Landscape Design
- Developed for landscape professionals wanting to formulate their design philosophy and create plans that are stunning, unified and functional.
- This class provides an architectural approach to design and emphasizes topics such as form composition and lines of force. In addition. Course weaves sustainable, earth-friendly principles into the traditional design. This hands-on workshop offers extensive training in design theory; moving from a basic understanding to creating a master plan in just one day! Improve your skills as you create and sell beautiful, practical, profitable earth-friendly design solutions for your client.
Friday, April 21
Design Seminar 4: Seasonal Color-Start to Profitable Finish
The Purpose and Value of Seasonal Color
- Selling Seasonal Color to Your Clients
- Graphics to Sell Seasonal Color
- Understanding the Basics of Form, Color and Texture in Seasonal Color Design
- Block Design Strategies
- BMP: installation of seasonal color
- Contagious Containers: The secrets of container, soil and plant selection and how to put it all together, to create lush, gorgeous compositions.
- Estimating for Profit: How to price your work to be competitive and profitable.
- Maintenance for Performance: The basics of watering, fertilization, pinching and overall care.
- Putting It All Together: Final design project
What Others are Saying
"This training was perfect for our account managers – first of its kind that we have found. I would like to see more of this level of classes offered and similar education on how to manage the labor you have and adjustments to be made to the ever changing labor force (managing the different cultures or generation gaps and how they differ)."
>>> Download Flyer with more information.